If you find yourself with an abundance of fresh eggs, which seems to happen a lot for homesteaders and backyard chicken keepers, there’s a good chance you search the Internet often for recipes that use a lot of eggs.
If this is you, you’ve come to the right place because I’ve got an egg bake recipe for you that uses a dozen eggs, no grains or gluten, and is super easy to put together.
An Egg Bake with Beautiful Layers of Spinach
This spinach egg bake makes a hearty, homestyle meal. But, if you’re putting together a brunch menu for a special event, this easy egg bake will also wow guests with its lovely layers of spinach and crispy cheddar cheese top crust.
This blog features Amazon Associate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read the full disclosure.
Here’s how to make this delicious spinach egg bake.
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 7.5 ounces of fresh spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter an 8″ to 9″ deep-dish pie plate or casserole dish.
- Wilt the fresh spinach slightly, either in a sauce pan with a dash of water or in the microwave (about a minute to a minute and a half), then layer the leaves of spinach in the buttered dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, garlic, dry mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. You can also use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment to make the job even easier.
- Pour the egg mixture over the layered spinach.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Developing a List of Recipes for Using Your Fresh Eggs
Go-to lists are great for helping to manage many aspects of life, whether you’re homesteading or not. As a duck owner with plenty of fresh eggs for most of the year, even though I sell some of our eggs locally, my list of go-to recipes with eggs is always a work-in-progress. Below are some of my favorite ways to use fresh eggs. I hope you’ll find some inspiration here.
Baked Custard-Style Rice Pudding (Tastes Better From Scratch)
Old-Fashioned Creamy Custard Pie (Small Town Woman)
More Articles You Might Enjoy
- 10 Winter Homesteading Tips for Staying Healthy
- How To Make Homemade Yogurt (An Instant Pot Love Story)
- For The Love Of Raspberries! (Homemade Raspberry Jam Recipe Inside)
- Pineapple Tarragon Infused Water
- Simple Spinach Egg Bake With Cheddar Cheese